Kick off the new Pf Senior membership year right at our first ever Senior Day, an event for all Pflugerville seniors, and learn everything the City of Pflugerville has to offer for ages 55 and over.
See pfriendly faces, exciting guest speakers and demonstrations from our most popular programs – all for free. For more information read below, and remember, excitement beings at 55!
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
10:30 am - 8:30 pm
Locations: Pflugerville Recreation Center, Pflugerville Public Library, Heritage House Museum and the Pflugerville Pfarmers Market
Questions about Senior Day? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-990-6361.
The Senior Bus will shuttle you easily between the different Senior Day locations. Shuttle service will begin 30 minutes before Senior Day programming begins at each location, and stop 30 minutes after programming ends.
Sponsored by Silver Key Benefits of Texas.
You will see roaming musicians, provided by the Austin Accordion Association, at each stop and their music will fill the air throughout the day.
Throughout the day tables will be set up in game room with craft supplies for participants to create crafts that will be silent auctioned at the Pfall Pfest Craft Show in November. 100% of the proceeds from these crafts will go into a senior scholarship fund to assist seniors with participating in senior program activities that have a fee.
Schedule of Events
10:30 - 11 am - Senior Day Kick-off (Pflugerville Recreation Center)
10:30 am - 2 pm - Senior Day sponsors will have information and freebies available in the Game Room. (Pflugerville Recreation Center)
11 am - noon - Learn more about community services and try out Pf Seniors recreational programming. (Pflugerville Recreation Center)
- 11 - 11:30 am
- Multipurpose Room: Yoga
- Gym: Line Dancing
- Meeting Room: Community Resource Spotlight - Dignity Memorial - Pre-Planning Specialists will be here to inform participants on four simple steps to funeral pre-planning. This seminar is to educate you so that you're well-equipped to continue the conversation with your families and feel confident about making this important financial decision.
- 11:30 am - noon
- Multipurpose Room: Tai Chi
- Meeting Room: Community Resource Spotlight - Alzheimer's Texas - Normal vs. Not Normal Aging: Join our presentation to learn the differences between “Memory Problems”, Dementia, and Alzheimer’s Disease and how the brain changes over the course of the individual’s life.
Noon - 1:30 pm - Lunch - hamburgers and hot dogs cooked and served by Pflugerville Parks and Recreation Staff, sponsored by UnitedHealthcare. Baylor Scott & White will be speaking over lunch about their new facility in Pflugerville. (Pflugerville Recreation Center)
1:30 - 2 pm - Learn more about community services and try out Pf Seniors recreational programming. (Pflugerville Recreation Center)
- Multipurpose Room: Adult Fitness
- Gym: Ballroom Dancing
- Meeting Room: Community Resource Spotlight - Well Med - Dr. Amie Youngblood will be talking about how to prepare for a doctor's visit.
2 - 4 pm - Tour the library, learn about senior services and experience all the Pfab Lab has to offer with demonstrations by Adult Services Librarian Bette McDowell. (Pflugerville Public Library)
4 - 5:30 pm - Heritage House Museum tours and shop at the Pfarmers Market. Enter in a drawing at the Heritage House Museum to win an AncestryDNA kit! (Heritage Park)
5:30 - 6:30 pm - Dinner break - food available for purchase (from TBA) at the Pflugerville Recreation Center.
6:30 - 8:30 pm - The annual Accordion Concert presented by the Austin Accordion Association. (Pflugerville Recreation Center)