For questions or concerns, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at (512) 990-6350 or email email@example.com. For Emergencies dial 911.
Parks: Dawn to 10 p.m. (unless otherwise posted)
Trails: 24 hours a day for purposes of walking, hiking, jogging and bicycling
(Ord. 228-86-4-29, passed 4-29-86; Am. Ord. 356-92-7-14, passed 7-14-92)
Unless granted by Special Permit, it shall be unlawful for any person in a public park to:
- Drive a vehicle on any area, except the paved park roads or parking areas, or such areas as may on occasion be specifically designated as temporary areas for the purpose of loading or unloading freight or in the construction, maintenance, or repair of the parks
- Throw, deposit, place, or drop any litter, except in receptacles provided for that purpose
- Discharge or use any form of weapon for the purpose of hunting, molesting, harming, frightening, killing, trapping, pursuing, chasing, or teasing any person, animal, wildlife, reptile, or bird
- Camp or stay overnight
- Expose or offer for sale any goods, wares, merchandise, or articles
- Bring glass containers into public parks
- Use or be in a park when it is not open to the public
- Use a trail for purposes other than walking, hiking, jogging, or bicycling
- Operate a motorized vehicle on the city trail system unless the vehicle is being used for emergencies, trail maintenance or handicapped purposes
- Fail to keep an animal under an animal restraint or fail to exercise proper care and control of an animal to prevent it from becoming a public nuisance or allow any of the prohibited occurrences as described and listed in the City's Code of Ordinances.
- Create or cause to be created a fire on any public land, unless the fire is made in a barbeque grill
(Ord. 228-86-4-29, passed 4-29-86; Am. Ord. 356-92-7-14, passed 7-14-92; Ord. 831-06-06-13, passed 6-13-06)
Lake Pflugerville shall be open for public use from 5 a.m. until 10 p.m., provided however, that Lake Pflugerville shall be open 24 hours a day for the purposes of actively fishing and in possession of valid Texas Fishing License as required by State Law; except in cases of emergency or other good cause for closing Lake Pflugerville.
In case of an emergency, or other good cause, the city may close Lake Pflugerville when the City Manager declares closing Lake Pflugerville to be appropriate.
- Driving or operating a motorized boat of any kind on Lake Pflugerville is prohibited, unless:
(1) The operator of the boat is a city staff or has been authorized by city staff to use the motorized boat and is doing so in the ordinary course of carrying out city business; or
(2) The boat is an electric powered fishing boat or electric powered model boat.
- Horses are not allowed on the public lands or trails abutting or adjacent to Lake Pflugerville.
- Throwing, depositing, placing, or dropping any materials (including glass containers) into Lake Pflugerville or on the land or trails abutting or adjacent to Lake Pflugerville is prohibited.
- Swimming in Lake Pflugerville is prohibited in the area between the buoys near the intake structure and the dam
- Starting, creating, or maintaining a fire, except in a barbeque grill, is prohibited.
- Operating a motorized vehicle on the land or trails abutting or adjacent to Lake Pflugerville is prohibited unless the vehicle is being used for emergency, handicapped or trail maintenance purposes.
- Bathing, urinating, or defecating in Lake Pflugerville or on the public lands or trails abutting or adjacent to Lake Pflugerville is prohibited.
- Camping on the public lands or trails abutting or adjacent to Lake Pflugerville is prohibited.
(Ord. 831-06-06-13, passed 6-13-06; Ord. 1019-09-10-13, § 1, passed 10-13-09)