Location and Additional Info
19417 Murchison Ridge Trail
Acreage: 2.65 acres
Amenities: Gardens, dog parks, trail, pavilion, pet waste stations, benches, picnic tables, bike racks and water fountains.
Located at Murchison Ridge Trail and Tranquility Lane, the fenced bark park includes separate areas for large and small dogs to play. A nearby 10,000-gallon cistern to collect rainwater and recycle water from the nearby Falcon Pointe Splash Park. The adjacent Falcon Pointe Gardens emphasizes native plants and features a community pear orchard, demonstration gardens, and a purple martin village. The park is located along the 8.2 mile Falcon Pointe trail system.
Hours of Operation: 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Falcon Pointe HOA oversees park maintenance for this facility. Grass burr/sticker burr treatment takes place in the Spring. Treatment can only prevent burrs in the following year. It does not remove them once they are present at the site.
Dog Park Amenities
- Fenced dog park with separate areas for small and large dogs.
- Includes large boulders with built-in seating.
- Watering area for dogs.
- Village of houses for Purple Martins, loved by many for their acrobatic flight and prodigious appetite for insects.
- Pear trees and demonstration gardens include a rain garden, culinary, medicinal, butterfly and hummingbird and native themes, plus a moon garden landscaped for nighttime enjoyment with plants producing fragrant white flowers.
Falcon Pointe developer, Newland Communities, invested $350,000 in landscaping and other improvements for the 2.5-acre park which the developer has donated to the City of Pflugerville.
Dog Park Rules
Dog owners and handlers are responsible for the actions and behavior of their dogs at all times.
- All dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the park. Any dogs showing aggression must be leashed and immediately removed.
- All dogs must have current vaccinations, be healthy and free of contagious diseases and parasites, and wear current license tags.
- All dogs must be under an adult’s control. Limit two dogs per person.
- Dogs must be in view of and within voice control of their owner/handler at all times.
- Choke chains, prong, spiked, or shock collars are not permitted.
- No dogs in heat.
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for picking up and disposing of dog waste.
- The small dog enclosure is for dogs less than 30 pounds. No dogs under 4
months of age are permitted.
- No food or drink (dog or human), smoking, glass or metal containers,
bicycles, skateboards, inline skates or motorized vehicles in the park.
- Owner waives liability to the city for any injury or damage caused (by dogs or humans) while using the park.
- Children under 12 years of age must be under adult supervision. Running and chasing dogs is prohibited.
To report a problem or rule violation, please call Pflugerville Police Department at 512-990-6700.
Please contact the Recreation Center at 512-990-6350 for more information.