Each year on the first Saturday of June, the city of Pflugerville Parks and Recreation Department partners with the Kidfish Foundation, Inc to offer an outdoor fishing opportunity for the youth of our community. Directed at children ages 16 and younger, but open to all, Kidfish will stock hundreds of pounds of fish in Lake Pflugerville days before the event to boost the fishing experience. In addition to fishing, make sure to join us for a casting and basic tackle set-up classes from Texas Parks & Wildlife (ongoing throughout the event).
June 1, 2019
9 a.m - 12 p.m.
Lake Pflugerville - South Shore (near Pier 4 on the Lake Pflugerville Map here.)
- The contest is staged on the south shore of Lake Pflugerville, 18216 Weiss Lane.
- All ages are welcome to attend - it's a pfun day for pfamilies.
- Registration forms are available online and at the Pflugerville Recreation Center. Participants may also register at the site on the morning of the event. We are not accepting registration forms before the event, but prefilling it out will allow you to skip the line.
- There is no fee to participate, though children may do fundraising for Kidfish Foundation toward earning trophies.
- Bring the completed forms to the lake on the morning of the event.
- A limited amount of free poles, bait and tackle are available on a first-come, first-served basis. You may bring your own pole, but will use the supplied stink bait.
- Children entering the contest are to fish from the shoreline or fishing piers if participating in this event, not from watercraft.
- Trophies are awarded to the 1st and 2nd place winners in each age group who catch the longest fish: 6 years old and younger, 7 - 11 years old and 12 - 16 years old.
- Trophies are also given to the top fundraisers of donations for KIDFISH Foundation.
- Winners qualify to participate in the state's annual KIDFISH Classic held in South Texas each year on Father's Day in mid-June.
About Kidfish Foundation
Kidfish works to teach children a deep appreciation for the sport of fishing, as well as awareness and respect for the conservation of the environment and its natural resources. Fishing is a lifelong pursuit as much about spending quality time on the water with family and friends as it is about catching lots of fish.
PFREE Fishing Day!
Anyone can fish in a public body of water without a fishing license on June 1 only. Parents, join your children and fish for PFUN.
NOTE: There are no vendors allowed at this event.
For more information, email email@example.com or please call 512-990-6113.