The Pecan Street Community Garden is located next to the baseball fields in the Travis County-owned Northeast Metro Park area (15500 Sun Light Near Way (Map).
Hours of Operation
The gardens follow the hours of operation of Travis County Northeast Metro Park, which is open seven days a week.
Garden Plot Sizes
- 20’ x 20’ - Full Plot: Full Year ($50*) or Half Year ($25*)
- 10’ x 10’ - Half Plot: Full Year ($25*) or Half Year ($12.50*)
- 2’ x 20' - Accessible Plot: Full Year ($25*) or Half Year ($12.50*)
*Students (18 and younger) and Seniors (55 and older) pay garden fees of one-half of the above-listed prices.
Reserving your garden
Plots are available for rent by city of Pflugerville residents and people living in the city's extra-territorial jurisdiction (ETJ) to plant their own flowers, fruits and vegetables. Turn in the rental application at the Pflugerville Recreation Center, pay the plot fee and a plot number will be assigned.
Note: Rental is based on availability of open plots.
Spring Garden Season: February 1 - July 31
Fall Garden Season: August 1 - January 31
- Only organic pest controls or nutrients are allowed within the Pecan Street Community Garden. An “organic practices” handbook is available to gardeners.
- No illegal or poisonous plants may be planted.
- Water is provided free of charge by the city of Pflugerville for gardener use (water hoses are not provided).
- A community tool shed is available, containing hand tools for gardeners’ use.
- Children should be supervised at all times.
- Gardeners are responsible for weeding their garden and paths adjacent to their plots on a regular basis with specific attention to Bermuda and encroaching field grasses.
For more information on the Pecan Street Community Garden, call the garden manager, Eddie Garcia, at the Recreation Center, 512-990-6360 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org