Lake Pflugerville is a popular amenity for the city of Pflugerville. It's a water reservoir turned park! The city opened Lake Pflugerville Park in 2010 with a beach on the north shore, fishing piers, playground, and pavilion. The lake is home to the Lake Pflugerville Triathlon, Pfirecracker Pfestival and numerous activities year-round. Pflugerville Parks & Recreation Department hired Halff Associates Inc. to assist with developing the Lake Pflugerville Master Plan.
June 2014 - The Lake Pflugerville Master Plan (PDF) as reviewed and approved by the City Council.
April 2014: City Council reviewed the plan as reviewed by the Parks and Recreation Commission.
December 10, 2013 - City Council reviewed proposed amenities to include boardwalk, amphitheater, additional trails, shade structures, native nature areas, informational kiosks and parking. As the city of Pflugerville continues to expand eastward, Lake Pflugerville could become the future central park of our community and regional attraction as outlined in the Regional Context Map.
October 17, 2013 - three conceptual sketch plans presented to Parks and Recreation Commission.
August 15, 2013 - public input meeting at Parks and Recreation Commission. Diagrams and concept sketches of a plan for developing the lake site were presented by Halff Associates Inc.
- Restrooms on the South shore
- Enhanced fishing piers / overlooks with seating and shade
- Large playground units for the community
- Outdoor amphitheater area
- Sprayground / splash water park
- Wakeboard park
- Additional hike-and-bike trails
- Nature / soft surface trail
- Themed picnic pavilions / shade shelters
- Additional benches / tables
- Education / interpretive signage
- Horseshoe pits
- Improved parking
- Decorative water fountain
- Enhanced wildflowers / natural areas
- Enhanced sustainable landscape improvements (tree planting)