City Council approve field use policy
The City of Pflugerville Parks and Recreation Department has been working towards the development of an Athletic Field Use Policy to ensure that City-owned, maintained and managed park and athletic field facilities are used for recreational, athletic, cultural, educational, social and community service functions. The policy outlines cot recovery requirements and allocation of field use to the various youth sports leagues in the city. The City has worked with several youth sports leagues for feedback and to outline various fee structures. The resulting policy ensures residents have priority access to parks and playing fields while also collecting fees to support ongoing maintenance.
- Pflugerville resident youth non-profit soccer organizations have field use priority on soccer and multi-purpose use practice fields.
- Pflugerville resident youth non-profit football organizations have field use priority on 1849 Park football fields.
- Pflugerville resident youth non-profit baseball and softball organizations have field priority on the baseball-softball facility on property leased from PfISD.
- City of Pflugerville Parks and Recreation programs have priority on city-owned fields and practice spaces not covered under or during times not reserved in the annual agreement.
- Space is allocated based on priority status and the number of Pflugerville residents that are served.
Field use requests for priority local leagues will be considered on a fiscal year basis (October 1- September 30) and the deadline for local league applications is May 1.
The 1849 Park Grand Opening is Thursday, November 15 from 6-7:30 pm. There will be hayrides around the park, freebies, food, and pfun activities. For more information visit our Facebook page here.
Watch Pflugerville Pfocus for more information on this policy decision.