The Recreation Center and Library host events and programs for Pflugerville seniors.
Subscribe to receive email-notifications of senior programs in Pflugerville.
1008 W. Pfluger St.
Social seniors age 55 and older meet at Pflugerville Recreation Center
- Resident membership is $3 per individual and $5 per couple.
- Non-residents pay $5 per individual and $7 per couple a year.
Visit the Recreation Center, 400 Immanuel Road, to sign up for your Senior Activity Membership today!
Looking for a place to walk? Join the Recreation Center Walking Club and start walking with a group of dedicated walkers on the elevated track.
Check out the Pf Seniors page to see a full listing of senior events organized by the Parks and Recreation Department and the Library.
Leisure Classes & Activities
More activities can be found in The Pfeature, our quarterly senior programs guide.
|ACTIVITY||LENGTH||ACTIVITY TIME||ACTIVITY TIME|
|Mahjong||3 hours|| Mondays
|Racehorse Canasta||3 hours|| Tuesdays
|42/88 Dominoes||3 hours|| Tuesdays
|Bingo||1 hour|| Wednesdays
|Mexican Train Dominoes||3 hours|| Thursdays
|Crafts with Joyce||2 hours|| 2nd Friday of the month
|Hearts & Spades||3 hours|| Fridays
|Sunday Pfunday||2 hours|| 3rd Sunday of the month
Crafts w/ Joyce: Craft ideas selected each month by instructor and announced at the monthly Senior Luncheon. Sign up sheet is located in the Senior Room. Crafts are issued while supplies last.
Sunday Pfunday: Movie hangout in the Senior Room on the Sunday following the Senior Luncheon. Movie selection announced at the Senior Luncheon. Seating is limited, arrive early.
Recreational Classes & Activities
More Adult classes can be found on the Children's and Adult Class Listing.
- Classes have been canceled until further notice. Please contact the Recreation Center for more information: 512-990-6350.
- Location: Rec Center Multi-Purpose Room
- Fee: $3 per class or $25 for 10 classes
Adult fitness - low impact - great for senior citizens, low mobility persons, adult with rehab or physical therapy issues. This exercise class will fill your needs. Instructor: Julie Kroetz
- Location: Rec Center Multi-Purpose Room
- Thursdays, 11 a.m.
- Fee: $5 per class or $12 for full month
Renowned dance instructor George Blaha is bringing his skills and expertise to the Pflugerville Rec Center. Come out and learn how to dance the Waltz, Swing, Foxtrot, Cha Cha and many more! Instructor: George Blaha
- Beginner/Intermediate—Rec Center Gymnasium
- Advanced—Windermere Clubhouse, 16800 Gower St.
- Beginners/Intermediate: 10 a.m. - noon
- Advanced: 10:30 a.m. - noon
- Fee: Pfree! As a benefit of your SAC Annual Membership
Line Dancing will teach you to dance, improve your balance, help you find the beat, improve your confidence and reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Not to mention it’s a ton of Pfun! Instructors: Connie Shell & Karen Steger
- Locations: Rec Center Multi-Purpose Room
- Fridays at 10 a.m.
- Fee: $8 per class or $30 for full month
For both beginning and continuing students, this fun class teaches the 24 movements of “Simplified Form” Tai Chi. A series of slow, continuous, relaxed and focused movements, Tai Chi will improve coordination, balance, flexibility, energy, and reduce stress. Instructor: Larry Bates
- Location: Rec Center Multi-Purpose Room & Windermere Clubhouse
- Wednesday at 6 p.m. at the Windermere Clubhouse, located at 16800 Gower St
- Wednesday at 8:15 a.m. in the Rec Center Multi-Purpose Room
- Thursday at 6:15 p.m. in the Rec Center Multi-Purpose Room
- Fee: $7 per class or $45 for 10 classes
Zumba takes the “work” out of workout by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie burning dance fitness party. Instructors: Lane Roberts & Aracely Alcocer
Discover new trails in and around Pflugerville every Friday morning as you hike between 2-5 miles. Hikes begin at various parks around Pflugerville and utilize trails that begin from there.
Locations vary each Friday
1st Friday: Recreation Center
2nd Friday: Pfluger Park
3rd Friday: Heritage Park
4th Friday: Hiking Trip—See calendar in The Pfeature for destination & departure time
5th Friday: Pflugerville Recreation Center