Each year on the first Saturday of June, the city of Pflugerville Parks and Recreation Department partners with the KIDFISH Foundation, Inc to offer an outdoor fishing opportunity for the youth of our community. Directed at children ages 16 and younger, KIDFISH and Texas Parks and Wildlife will stock hundreds of pounds of a variety of fish in Lake Pflugerville days before the event to boost the fishing experience.
June 2, 2018
9 a.m to 12 p.m.
Lake Pflugerville - South Shore
NOTE: Please be aware that bad weather (thunder and lightning) on Saturday may result in a reschedule date. Watch the city's social media / emails for updates. However, a light rain will not delay the event. Please dress accordingly.
- Trophies are awarded to the 1st and 2nd place winners in each age group who catch the longest fish: 6 years old and younger, 7 - 11 years old and 12 - 16 years old.
- Trophies are also given to the top fundraisers of donations for KIDFISH Foundation.
- Winners qualify to participate in the state's annual KIDFISH Classic held in south Texas each year on Father's Day in mid-June.
KIDFISH works to teach children a deep appreciation for the sport of fishing, as well as awareness and respect for the conservation of the environment and its natural resources. Fishing is a lifelong pursuit as much about spending quality time on the water with family and friends as it is about catching lots of fish.
- The contest is staged on the South shore of Lake Pflugerville, 18216 Weiss Lane.
- All ages are welcome to attend - it's a pfun day for pfamilies.
- Registration forms will be available online in May and also at the Pflugerville Recreation Center, 400 Immanuel Road, at the Public Library and City Hall. Participants may also register at the site on the morning of the event. Advance registration is not required.
- There is no fee to participate, though children may do fundraising for KIDFISH Foundation toward earning trophies.
- Bring the completed forms to the lake on the morning of the event.
- A limited amount of free poles, bait and tackle are available on a first-come, first-served basis. You may bring your own pole, but will use the supplied stink bait.
- Children entering the contest are to fish from the shoreline or fishing piers if participating in this event, not from watercraft.
PFREE Fishing Day!
KIDFISH is held in conjunction with the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department free fishing day, which means anyone can fish in a public body of water without a fishing license on June 3 only. Parents, join your children and fish for PFUN.
NOTE: There are no vendors allowed at this event.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 512-990-6113.